Set up for Mac OSX

Need help with installing Doom Reborn? Come here to read our guides or ask a question.

Moderator: >>GameHacKeR<<

Set up for Mac OSX

Postby OblivionWalker » Tue Mar 08, 2016 6:44 am

I recently downloaded this DoomReborn mod and to my sudden shock. it downloaded and finalised it's self as a .exe file :( it would be really helpful if the developers of this mod can incorperate a .zip version for Mac users. this would be very helpful as i won't need to buy an iso of windows and waste my time installing boot camp so i can break my computer by installing an NTFS system on my hard drive.

anyway. please help me out and make this possible. thank you.
OblivionWalker

Re: Set up for Mac OSX

Postby Greaper » Tue Mar 08, 2016 6:56 pm

unfortunately, I don't think they have a OSX test machine, and I don't know about a programmer.
There is another thread here about OSX: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=431

However, I would recommend trying Virtualbox (virtualbox.org) in order to install a copy of windows. The software uses a file on your computer as a "hard drive," so no messing around with Bootcamp or partitions and all that. As for a copy of widnows, you could just "borrow" Windows XP from a "friend" and give that a go. The software will directly load an ISO without need for a disc. Microsoft no longer supports the OS other than the updates they have made when they supported it.

GameHacker can tell you more about the mod when he's next on.
Greaper

Re: Set up for Mac OSX

Postby >>GameHacKeR<< » Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:07 pm

Heya yeah we have no true Mac support :(

There is videos on youtube I found in the past of people playing the mod on macs, But I don't have one myself to try.
I can release a .zip version for people but that'd be all I can do they would be the same files that are in the .exe but I'm sure a couple of things would need to be changed to get it to launch

You'd probably have to replace the GameX86.dll with the Doom 3 mac equivalent from it's base folder,
But GameX86.dll and DoomReborn.exe have some things that Brent added that aren't found in the Doom 3 .dll and .exe

And this is probably the reason the Exit switch wasn't working for Alexia at the time

Do you own the original Doom 3 for your mac? :)

I will put a .zip before the next version :)
>>GameHacKeR<<

Return to Help and Support