Exit switch not functioning?

Need help with installing Doom Reborn? Come here to read our guides or ask a question.

Moderator: >>GameHacKeR<<

Exit switch not functioning?

Postby Alexia » Fri Feb 20, 2015 3:18 am

Hi - just found this mod today. Seems like a dream come true, except I can only play the first levels of each iteration / episode, as the exit switches don't work. They 'switch' (from red to green), but it doesn't cycle the map.

Any ideas/suggestions?

Lex

EDIT: I should note I am running version 1.3.1 of vanilla Doom 3 (don't have RoS)
Alexia

Re: Exit switch not functioning?

Postby >>GameHacKeR<< » Fri Feb 20, 2015 1:37 pm

Heya, I haven't tested the mod using Doom 3 and Vanilla

Could be a silly question but you are launching the mod using the "DoomReborn.exe"
I ask because some people still use the Doom3.exe because they think there other high detail Doom3 mods wont work other wise,
But some of the high detail stuff does come through but can also cause issues

one of my installations has a few different mods and fixes a issue and causes more than it fixes

Fix:

Stats screen counts kills and items correctly (secrets sometimes hit or miss)

Issue that I couldn't resolve in my mixed high detail and code fix mod packs for Doom 3:

Stat screen music stopped working when Doom 2's stat screen was implemented
Ammo total on hud stopped showing when backpack was fixed

None of these issues exist in a clean copy of Doom 3 patched to 1.3.1

Ressurrection of evil isn't needed btw

The stats screen won't count correctly unfortunately, But we'll get that fixed :)

I'd suggest give it install Doom 3 to another location, Patch it to 1.3.1
Take a copy of the "base" folder and delete\uninstall that copy of Doom 3
and take the "base" folder and the "doomreborn" folder and "DoomReborn.exe"
And put them in a folder of there own
That way you can just update that copy with any changes of Doom Reborn we make and if you have any other issues we'll know they're solely related to something on are part :)

But I will say just while I have the chance

Issue i've recently found on both a clean and modded copy

If you launch E1M1 by going through the start map and press "Escape" and go to the menu and start a new game Doom Reborn will crash

But not in any other map accessible from the start map "E2M1, Map01"

Anyway let me know how you get on
I haven't suffered this problem yet, But i'll install doom 3 again today if I get a chance and test Vanilla to see if I can replicate the problem.
ps have you any other mods for doom 3 it's self that replaced files or older version of Vanilla that you patched to the latest etc

Thanks again for bringing this up :)
>>GameHacKeR<<

Postby Alexia » Fri Feb 20, 2015 2:34 pm

Hi, thanks for your response.

I'm on a Mac, so the doomreborn executable included is useless to me, however I've created my own equivelent script that launches vanilla doom 3 with +set fs_game doomreborn. As far as my having other mods that have replaced files from my main base directory, I'm not entirely sure, as I installed the games and mods (sikkmod and cdoom) a long time ago.

When I get the time, I will try on a fresh install of Doom 3 and let you know what happens.

Until then, I'll just continue using the console to advance to the next map, hehe

Cheers,
Lex
Alexia

Postby >>GameHacKeR<< » Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:35 pm

Hi again :)

I haven't a mac to do any testing on myself :(
Classic Doom wouldn't have any effect on the game,
I believe I have sikkmod on mine as well, it shouldn't effect level switches

But not using the DoomReborn.exe and maybe having to replace are gamex86.dll to get DoomReborn working could be the issue
Also you wont be using the "Rebornconfig.cfg" ether but the problem shouldn't really be related to the Rebornconfig.cfg anyway

Brent has code fixes in both the dll and the exe
DoomReborn also has a couple of it's own cvar's that Brent has made

We mite be starting to lack Mac support a bit :(

Hopefully we can address this
>>GameHacKeR<<

Postby Alexia » Sat Feb 21, 2015 7:15 pm

I tried installing doomreborn on a fresh install of D3 1.3.1 and the same problem occurs.

If, as you say, the exe and dll files (both of which serve no purpose on a Mac) included in your package contain custom cvars and other fixes, I think this is probably the issue.

Sadly, I doubt there is a viable fix, unless you are willing & able to pull that custom information from those particular files and repack it in a cross-platform file type, such as a pk4 or cfg.

Thanks anyway :)
Lex
Alexia

Postby Brent » Fri Mar 13, 2015 8:51 am

Unfortunately we don't have Mac support as I don't have access to one to compile the source on.

I welcome anyone who wants to help out with adding Mac support.
Brent
Site Admin

Postby >>GameHacKeR<< » Mon Mar 16, 2015 2:22 am

There is one thing I could maybe do that may work in the mean time to fix your problem
But I wouldn't even be able to test it to make sure
or package it up nicely for you or anyone, so installing it is easy on your end after downloading it

But anyway
I could change all the exit level switches to the standard doom 3 end level function
This should get you to the next level but would remove the stats screen

And I'd rather put this through testing with a good installer for everyone before doing any actual mac release
>>GameHacKeR<<

Return to Help and Support