Recording Software

Here you can discuss things not directly related to Doom Reborn.

Recording Software

Postby DrPenguin » Wed May 11, 2016 11:34 pm

Hey, was thinking of finally actually recording a full play-through of Doom Reborn soon as I just freed a butt load of space up, but I'm not too sure what software I want to be using, you guys have any suggestions for half decent free recording software?
DrPenguin

Re: Recording Software

Postby Jonny » Thu May 12, 2016 6:23 am

I usually use OBS, which hasn't let me down yet!

https://obsproject.com/
Jonny

Postby DrPenguin » Mon May 16, 2016 11:38 pm

yeah just went for OBS, had a quick look about but ended up just using OBS already had it from streaming ages ago
DrPenguin

Postby >>GameHacKeR<< » Tue Sep 27, 2016 1:10 am

Love open broadcaster avgn in a recent video pointed out that they tried using over 5 different recording programs for his avgn ... avgn games review video and the end result still had colour errors at the bottom of the screen lol
Which shows that nothing is really perfect since these where all 2d games he was recording which you'd maybe think would be the easiest to record
>>GameHacKeR<<

Postby Greaper » Wed Oct 19, 2016 7:56 am

There's also FRAPS
Greaper

Postby >>GameHacKeR<< » Sun Nov 13, 2016 6:47 pm

Yeah Fraps is good but not free ;)

Open Broadcaster has alot of options and can get a good recording but the main fault I can find with it is that there can be problems when recording in exclusive fullscreen, Fraps will be the better option there.

To avoid the system hit of recording software it'd be best to invest in a capture card and record the display but again that's REALLY NOT THE CHEAP WAY lol
>>GameHacKeR<<

Postby Greaper » Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:31 am

>>GameHacKeR<< wrote:To avoid the system hit of recording software it'd be best to invest in a capture card and record the display but again that's REALLY NOT THE CHEAP WAY lol

Installing a second drive in your system dedicated to video recording is a decent way to reduce the impact of recording software too. It won't reduce CPU usage, but it'll keep it from slowing down your load times.
Greaper

Postby >>GameHacKeR<< » Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:27 pm

You're quite right sir :D
Also you can use ramdisk and external storage like I do ;)
>>GameHacKeR<<

Return to Off-Topic